Don’t waste time! Facts until you reach your cardiologist
In the field of cardiology there are problems of medical rehabilitation of persons with lesions of the cardiovascular system. A cardiologist is a physician with maximum information and experience in the diagnosis and treatment of the heart, as well as heart diseases. A good cardiologist is highly valued, and in cardio carein Wisconsin there are such reputable specialists. When to see a cardiologist – when you feel unusual sensations in the area of your heart, your body parts swell for no apparent reason, and your blood pressure rises or falls.
Cardiologists are engaged in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the following diseases:
- Hypertension (arterial hypertension);
- Cardiac arrhythmias: bradycardia, tachycardia, incomplete heart block, etc.;
- Heart defects (congenital and acquired);
- Heart failure of various etiologies;
- Angina pectoris;
- Myocardial infarction;
- Rehabilitation after myocardial infarction;
- Myocardial dystrophy;
- Low blood pressure;
- Vegetative-vascular dystonia;
- Inflammatory heart disease (myocarditis, pericarditis, endocarditis)
The reason for going to the doctor – cardiologist are:
- Persistent or recurrent pain in the region of the heart,
- Feeling of squeezing behind the breastbone, sharp pain in the chest area,
- Throbbing headaches and dizziness,
- High blood pressure
- Low blood pressure
- A feeling of interruptions in the work of the heart,
- Squatnessof breath on exertion or at rest,
- Swelling of the legs
- Lack of coordination during movement,
- Increased fatigue and decreased exercise tolerance.
The next methods use to be used for diagnosing cardiac diseases in the cardio care:
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Echocardiography (ultrasound of the heart)
- Doppler ultrasound examination of blood vessels (arteries and veins) of all localizations.
- Holter ECG monitoring
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Laboratory diagnostics.
- Cardiovascular system Treatment
The cardio carehappens to use the most modern means of treatment. The treatment regimen happens to be drawn up individually strictly, considering the phase of the disease, the occurrence of risk factors, and concomitant diseases. Because of the extensive practical experience of cardiologists of the cardio care, the use of complex drug therapy allows achieving maximum effect in the treatment of most diseases of the heart and blood vessels.