Can gum disease cause cancer?
Whenever you come across with any of the Gum disease symptoms, the first thing you do is Google the remedies. There you might have seen that there is a chance of cancer if you are suffering from gum disease. Also, many of the experts say that gum disease can cause cancer. So, in this article we are going to see are all those predictions truths or it is just another rumor people spread.
We won’t be going deep into this topic but for the basic information. Gum Disease is just the bacteria stuck in your teeth. You may see some of its symptoms by which you can identify it is a Gum disease. Below given are the common symptoms you may face
- Bleeding while Brushing
- Loose teeth
- Bad breath
- Sensitive teeth
- Pain while chewing
Here are common symptoms you may see if you from gum disease. If you are suffering from one of these, you should think of consulting the best Periodontist in Miami. It is always good to pay a visit to the doctor twice a year.
The connection between Gum Disease and Cancer
Lets us see why do some of the experts say that the gum disease might be a cause of cancer. So, here are some of the main connections between cancer and gum disease.
- In August 2017, there was a study of 66,000 women. Those who had gum disease had an increased chance of getting cancer. This cancer was mostly of the lung, gallbladder, breast, or esophagus.
- Also, during a study recently in the year 2018, individuals with a history of gum disease had more chance of lung or colorectal cancers.
These are just researches and studies based on examining various people. Although, there are no studies or perfect evidence that tells us that gum disease causes cancer or is even related to cancer.
Prevention and the Cure
If you have not been suffering from any of these, you should still properly take care of your teeth. If you see even one or two of these symptoms, it may risk your dental and overall health. In this case, you should make an appointment with Periodontist in Miami. The treatment is easy and is also affordable. And, you are the lucky one who has not encountered any of these above-mentioned symptoms. You should still take care of your teeth. Below given are some tips you can use to maintain your dental health.
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Have your Professional teeth cleaning at least twice a year
- Floss your teeth and rinse it with mouthwash daily
- Don’t use your teeth to break strings and things like many people do. Teeth are for chewing Food not things.
This was all about cancer and gum disease. Don’t worry, even if you have gum disease it is not a big deal. Many people have it and it is very common nowadays. Visit a periodontist if you face any problem. If you don’t, eat good food, and take proper care of your dental health and live without being ashamed of your teeth.